Monday, April 12, 2010

My Love

I'm so glad that I continue to be amazed by my husband. That just means that there's still that "thing" there..ya know, that "thing" that causes me to go "Awwww!!" or "WOW" or "I love that man!" And I don't want to ever lose that "thing" for him. He is my best friend, my mentor, my guide, my strength, my counselor...my heart beats for him like none other. He's there for me, when no one else is. He "gets" me and loves me in spite of my flaws. He made me fall in love with him all over again yesterday. I'm just so blessed to have him in my life.

We buy homes that need work, remodel them, and then sell them. We don't go for these extravagant 2,000 square foot homes that sell for $2 to $300 thousand. We like to find homes that the real working class can afford. He feels that everybody deserves a chance to have a nice home and he puts his heart and soul into each one. I love working with him on these. He's so passionate about his work and I enjoy watching him do the things he can do...and he does them so well! He's just so talented and I feel I don't give him enough credit for how good he is. There are times when we get frustrated with each other because I may not like his decision on where to put something or I didn't paint the wall fast enough for him but we make it through them just fine. He has actually taught me so much during these last few "flips", as we call them. We started this because the sale of these homes allows us to supplement our loss of income due to the railroad temporarily laying him off for 4-6 months at a time. God has been so good to us in allowing us to find homes during every time he's been laid off.
Yesterday he held an open house at the last one he just completed. He did this flip entirely by himself. Painted, laid the tile, repaired everything that needed repaired, installed everything that needed installed...you name it, he did it. He told me that there was a sweet couple with a 4 month old baby that came by and he said the woman fell in love with it instantly. She told him that this was her dream house and that she started crying! This is just a small 3 bedroom home that is not that fancy at all, but it was HER dream home! So different from the 1 bedroom, run-down apartment that they are in now. Paul said that she just went on and on about how beautiful it was and that she wanted it so badly and she wouldn't have to worry about her baby growing up in a bad neighborhood...they just didn't know if they cold get approved for the loan. Paul said that he just felt so overwhelmed with compassion for this couple. He gave them the lending company's information and explained that they wouldn't have to pay any closing costs and to see what they could get approved for first and he would see what he could do for them, even if it meant lowering the asking price. He told me that he didn't care if he made one dime off of this sale, he just really wanted them to have this home. They had never had anything like this to call their own before and it just made him feel so grateful for everything God has given us. People take so much of what they have for granted. And to see what they have, compared to what we have, just made him stop and think about how selfish some people tend to be. Then, he proceeded to tell me that he felt like God wanted him to help them. (that "thing" kicked in and I was like "WOW")

I'm so proud of my husband. I'm so proud to be called his wife. I'm just so in love with him and this last month we have grown so close to each other and it has just reinforced our commitment to one another. I know that our love for each other is true and that our love for each other has been blessed by God because when he brought me Paul, He gave me everything I needed and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment