Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dear Tyler-

A heart of reflection seems to be common for me these last few weeks. You can't really blame me with all that is going on. To think that you are graduating from high school seems a bit much for me to swallow. There are times when I look at you and I see this little boy running to me with his arms open, wanting me to hold you in my lap. Then there are times when I see this strong young man before me, arms open wanting to hold me.

As parents we train and rear our children for years, preparing them for the ultimate battle of life that will face them head on, weapons drawn, ready for war. My prayer for you, son, is that you will listen to God as He directs your path. Let Him lead you and be the center of your life. With God guiding you, you can't go wrong.

You know without a doubt I love you and I'm so proud of you. Whenever you need me, I'll be there. Don't ever forget that. May all your dreams stay big! This song is for you :) I won't quote the lyrics (lol) so listen to it ;)


2 comments:

  1. Sweet, Amy.....you've raised a sweet boy. Be proud of him!
    ((((HUGS))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Samantha! It wasn't all me that's for sure. I couldn't be prouder!!

      Delete