Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On Display

I have a few secret indulgences. Like...I love Eminem! I love watching drag races! I love to watch Real Housewives of New York and especially Real Housewives of New Jersey. I know, I know! I can't help myself.

One of the ladies on New Jersey recently put out a song titled 'On Display'. It talks about her life being on display every day and people waiting for her to fall, etc. I have to admit that I find the tune a little catchy. What can I say?? I'm a dork! HA!

However dorky the song might be to some, it sparked something in my brain and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I am on display! Everyone is on display. Young, old, poor, rich, each of us is on display whether we think we are or not. We are being watched by others all the time. Everything we say and do is being scrutinized by someone. As a Christian, this hits home with me. There are people watching and some are waiting for us to fall or trip up. There are going to be people who try to bring us down and slander our name. That's why it's so important for us to be strong and live our lives as Christ would want us to no matter what. We can't be perfect but we should display His love everyday. Eph 5:2 says "Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ" We are even on display for Christ to see!!! Job 34:21 "For His eyes are upon the ways of a man, and He sees all his steps" We need to keep in mind that we are living for Christ and we want others to see Him in us.

It's not easy at times but it is the most rewarding thing in life to know that I am a child of the King and I am living my life for Him so that others might see Him in me. I'm on display for Him and I want to make Him proud! When it gets tough and people are pushing you down, don't give up. Stand strong for Him and cling to His truth that's found in John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you...Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid".

1 comment: