Friday, June 19, 2009

Love Life!


"I can't believe that June is half over"... I've heard that twice today! Everyone says "time goes by way too fast" or "man I can't belive it's almost Christmas". I've been hearing that since I was a kid! Time hasn't moved any faster today than it did when I was little. It's us. Everyone is basically wishing their lives away and not even paying attention to things around them. Here's what I'm talking about: It starts with Sunday evenings. We start dreading Monday because we have to go back to work. We get up Monday and tell everyone how we can't wait until the weekend! Tuesday is all about laying in wait for "hump day". Wednesday is "hump day"...weekend is almost here! Thursday is ok because "tomorrow is Friday!" Then when Friday gets here, we're like "Sure am glad it's Friday!" And after the weekend, we start all over again...wishing our week away. Kids fly through the summer and by the end of July start dreading going back to school. 1st it's "can't wait until Christmas break" then it's "can't wait until Spring break" followed by "can't wait for the summer" and then all over again. I've been guilty of doing all of the above. If we could just take some time and reflect on life and take it slower, we wouldn't miss out on things that could possibly be there to make us happy. I don't want to miss out on living life to it's fullest with my best friend and my wonderful son. I don't want to live life wishing for the next day and the next day. I want to live life to the fullest everyday and not miss anything that goes on around me. To me, when I wake up, I'm glad to have another day and at night, it's a little disappointing to see the day end. "Did I get to experience everything to the fullest today? Did I miss anything that was important? Did I say I love you enough to everyone who was close to me?" We can't get that day back, so don't be so quick to see it go!

I read a quote from someone (can't remember the name) "No man is a failure who is enjoying life"---Enjoy life...it's a gift from God. Don't wish it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment